e.motion21 is a not-for-profit organisation that provides Australian-first, innovative dance and fitness programs for children and young adults with Down syndrome.
Through performance-based activities and community engagement, e.motion21 aims to enhance lives for people with Down syndrome and change perceptions of Down syndrome within society.
- To enhance lives and change perceptions of Down syndrome within society through dance, fitness and performance.
We achieve this by
- Moving bodies: providing programs to children and young adults with Down syndrome in supportive and social environments tailored to meet their specific learning needs.
- Moving boundaries: engaging positively with individuals, families and communities through our programs, performances and media to uncover new potential, promote understanding and raise expectations.
Specialised programs are offered in nine Victorian locations in Ballarat, Bendigo, Cranbourne, Geelong, Greensborough, Hoppers Crossing, Kew, Pascoe Vale and Rowville.
We use the latest global research and techniques to develop our dance programs and we train specialist dance teachers to deliver a meaningful experience for all participants.
The benefits of the e.motion21 program are wide-ranging and include health, exercise, social and self-esteem outcomes for participants. These benefits in-turn positively impact our student’s families and the community at large.
RESPECT – to show due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.I demonstrate respect by:
- treating everyone with respect, courtesy, honesty and fairness, and having proper regard for their interest, rights, safety and wellbeing;
- valuing and acknowledging the opinions and contributions of everyone;
- not harassing, bullying or discriminating against anyone;
- being punctual and arriving at all e.motion21 events fully prepared, dressed appropriately and ready to fulfil your designated role;
- operating under the direction and supervision of nominated staff;
- complying with all e.motion21 policies and procedures, including complying with e.motion21’s guidelines on contact with children and the Child Safety Policy;
- respecting the confidentiality and privacy of all information as it pertains to individuals, including getting permission from the parent or carer for all visual and auditory recording of any aspect of e.motion21 events or my participation (this includes mobile phone photos/videos).
LEARN – gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught.I demonstrate learn by:
- participating in all relevant induction and training programs for my particular role in the organisation;
- continuously improving and being innovative;
- sharing information, knowledge and experience;
- allowing room for experimentation and mistakes;
- acting as a positive role model in my conduct with children and young people;
- having high expectations of each individual.
CARE – the provision of what is necessary for the health, welfare, maintenance, and protection of someone or something.I demonstrate care by:
- working towards the achievement of the aims and purposes of e.motion21;
- acting ethically, with honesty and integrity, in the best interests of e.motion21 at all times;
- maintaining a duty of care towards others involved in e.motion21 programs and a child-safe environment;
- not making any unauthorised public statements regarding e.motion21 and referring all members of the Press who request comments, photos, opinions, information and interviews to the authorised e.motion21 representative;
- working in a collaborative and supportive way;
- contacting the police if a child is at immediate risk of abuse.
FUN – enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.I demonstrate fun by:
- supporting interactions;
- being inclusive and supportive;
- doing something for enjoyment or amusement;
- displaying a sense of humour at the appropriate times.
e.motion21 is a fully accredited and registered provider of the NDIS. In order to continue to provide best practice in service delivery to all our participants and as a requirement of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and the Victorian Government requirements. Quantum Certification Services evaluate e.motion21’s services through independent audit processes covering our governance and performance against the the NDIS Quality and Safe Guards requirements including the NDIS practice standards. Quantum Certification Services are accredited independent auditors recognised by the NDIA and are remunerated by e.motion21 as per certification requirements.