e.motion21 is run almost exclusively by volunteers who support our vision of enhancing lives and changing perceptions of Down syndrome within society.
We simply could not run our weekly programs and public performances without the generous support of our volunteers and supporters who share their valuable time, expertise and resources. The organisation is always on the lookout for passionate, committed people to join the e.motion21 team.
Volunteering is mutually rewarding and beneficial. During your time with e.motion21 you will
- meet new people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- improve your own skills and experience
- contribute your skills and expertise
- become part of the e.motion21 community.
Everyone has different skills and interests but there is definitely a role you can play in the ongoing development and success of e.motion21.
If you’d like to join our team, follow the link below.
To register your interest in joining our passionate and dynamic team of volunteers, please Register your details now! and we’ll contact you with more information.
We are currently looking for:
Volunteer Program Movers for Bendigo, Geelong, Hoppers Crossing and Kew (approx. 1-4 hrs per week)
e.motion21 is currently seeking energetic, passionate, and outgoing people to join our volunteer teams across all 9 sites. A Program Mover assists the teacher to ensure each e.motion21 participant is engaged, learning and participating ensuring they access the benefits of the program . The successful applicant will need to embody the values of Care, Fun, Learn and Respect as well as have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young people with Down syndrome and their families.
For further information, please call the office on (03) 9854 7100 or email email@example.com. To apply, please fill out our online Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Site Coordinator – Bendigo (approx. 4 hrs per week)
e.motion21 is currently seeking an energetic, passionate, and outgoing person to join our volunteer team in Bendigo. As Site Coordinator, you will be the communicator between Mover Base and our dancers and families in the Bendigo community. The successful applicant will need to embody the values of Care, Fun, Learn and Respect as well as have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young people with Down syndrome and their families.
Volunteer Site Coordinator – Ballarat (approx. 4 hrs per week)
e.motion21 is currently seeking an energetic, passionate, and outgoing person to join our volunteer team in Bendigo. As Site Coordinator, you will be the communicator between Mover Base and our dancers and families in the Ballarat community. The successful applicant will need to embody the values of Care, Fun, Learn and Respect as well as have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of young people with Down syndrome and their families.
For more information, see the e.motion21 Volunteer FAQs
Volunteering is mutually rewarding and beneficial and it can be permanent or casual, short term or long term. During your time with us you will be:
- meeting new people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- improving your own skills and experience
- using your skills and expertise to help vulnerable and disadvantaged young people and raise awareness
- becoming part of the e.motion21 community.
All volunteers must complete e.motion21 online training for their particular role in the organisation. Additionally, e.motion21 is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children and young adults in our programs requiring all volunteers to complete:
- Working with Children Check which helps to protect children from sexual or physical harm by checking a person’s criminal history and also findings from certain professional disciplinary bodies.
- CrimCheck which is an important part of the assessment of your suitability for employment or involvement as a volunteer. The office will forward information extracted from this Form to the CrimTrac Agency, other Australian police services or other law enforcement agencies.
- DHHS Code of Conduct, signed.
- e.motion21 Code of Conduct, signed.
- DWES check, signed and cleared.
These checks are free for all e.motion21 volunteers.
No, we will provide all the training you need. Your enthusiasm, passion, energy and willingness to share your skills and experience is all we ask.
We will only contact you if there is a suitable position available in your area.
All volunteer positions vary in length. They maybe permanent or casual, short term or long term. When we discuss a specific position with you we’ll determine your availability and share the requirements of that position.
When we talk to you about a specific position please be open and honest about your level of availability (taking into account your professional and personal commitments). If you think that what we’re asking is too much we will understand if you don’t accept the position. However, once you agree to proceed with us we will be relying on you and it costs us time and money if you pull out during the project/ term. If you need to withdraw once the project/term is already underway, please communicate with us about your situation.
Please talk to us. It’s important to us that we match the right volunteers to the right positions.
You can expect e.motion21 to:
- Be committed to your personal development and goals
- Be a friendly, positive, professional and an inclusive team
- Prepare you for your role so it is a positive and enjoyable experience
We welcome your participation and involvement as a volunteer. The partnership between e.motion21 and the volunteers is a dynamic one where volunteers are expected to:
- be committed to your role
- be a team player
- be a friendly, positive ambassador for e.motion21, whatever your role
- be flexible and helpful
- come prepared
- respect the confidentiality of any personal information you have access to
- Respect All – demonstrating our values CARE, LEARN, RESPECT, FUN